11 December 2014

Winter Sadness, Vintage Deer Brooch, Heart Print Collar Jumper

I'm so happy to return to blogging after a hectic interlude focused around work, commuting, daily chores and errands, along with a major seasonal adjustment which has left me wanting to hibernate! For me, winter means a time of reflection and withdrawing a little from the world. I miss the sunlight and the sensation of being warm. The chill of getting ready in the mornings is an unwelcome reminder of the even harsher weather to come. These days the effort of venturing outside into the wintry gloom consumes so much of my life force, that Friday evening can't come around fast enough! Oh to migrate to a warmer climate and experience year-round sun!

Despite my melodramatic response to the onset of real winter weather here in London, I'm happy to report it's not all doom and gloom on the fashion front, as there are lots of autumn / winter fashion trends I truly, madly, deeply love. My summer wardrobe consists of many more tops than my winter wardrobe, and definitely has more variety. However, I always find it a challenge to find knitwear which really meets my requirements of being flattering but also wearable, with a nicely defined shape for a strong silhouette. Most jumpers seem to swamp my frame and look rather shapeless. I'm always drawn to delicate prints and colourful details, and peter pan collars are a perennial style obsession for me. So I was really happy to find this lovely heart print collar jumper from Oasis recently in a powder blue shade, which meets all my requirements, and which I've already worn a few times. Until recently, I was able to wear it with just my blazer and a basic top underneath, as October and November were mild here compared with our normal temperatures. But the jumper will serve me just as well during the current colder temperatures, with a heavy winter coat on top.




Jumper - Oasis, Circular hair clip - Moda Moda, Blazer - A Wear, Trousers - Principles Petite by Ben De Lisi (similar), Sunglasses - Ted Baker at T.K Maxx, Brooch - Ebay, Gloves - Accessorize, Bag - Sainsbury's, Trainers - Lonsdale

While out and about, I wore my vintage deer brooch with marcasite stones on the lapel of my blazer, which was an Ebay purchase. The seller couldn't give me exact information on when the piece dated from, other than saying it was from the 1940s or '50s. I loved it so much I was willing to pay more for it at auction, but luckily I didn't have to, as I was the sole bidder on this overlooked treasure.
Hopefully the rest of you are staying warm and tolerating the cold better than I am!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely images Saba! Your outfit choices are always so stylish and I love the unusual brooch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart this heart print sweater! So cute and will be perfect for V Day which will be here before we know it.

    http://www.lookfortheoccasion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz!

    It's great to hear from you, as I've been following your blog, which I came to know about through Chictopia. Thank you for visiting my blog. You're so right, Valentine's Day is not far off, and being the compulsive overplanner I am, it's good to start thinking ahead!

    Best wishes for the New Year!

    ReplyDelete